Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

EXO Is Always At The Airport: A Fashion Retrospective

It's true.... The members of EXO-K and EXO-M are ALWAYS at the airport.  I'm never sure where they're going or what they're going to be doing when they get there, but I'm forever seeing the pics.  There's often some major fashion moments taking place in these pics; some good, some bad but always notable.  Enjoy: This post is image heavy

So You Were Wondering What EXO's "Wolf" & "Growl" Drama Version MVs Are About? Pt. 1

It has come to my attention that people are confused as hell about EXO 's " Wolf " and " Growl " drama version MVs, and have been since they came out.  Well, it's your lucky day, because I'm here to explain the shit out of them for you, in the way I know best: I'm going to tell you a little story.  Fyi, this will be done in two parts, so bear with me.

Video of the Day: EXO's "Growl" MV

I've been doing a lot of Video of the Day posts on this blog recently, but that's because a lot of really good videos came out in the past month or two.  Case in point is this EXO mv for their newest song, "Growl".  I can't even with this mv and song, and I mean that in the best possible way.


exo growl music video screencap 1

EXO "Growl" Korean version:


EXO "Growl" Chinese version:


Ok so just to let you know in advance, I have nothing bad at all to say about this mv.  The only thing I had a bone to pick with was the extra sound effects.  I hate when SM does that, but it's never a deal breaker.

exo growl screencap mv 2
My favorite move.

In fact, I loved it.  I loved every bit of it, and I cannot wait for the song to be released so I can download it and play it 1000 times in a row.  Let's see here... It doesn't sound like 5 songs in 1, there is no dubstep, they're not in a box... it's like a brand new day at SM Entertainment!

Whoever convinced the powers that be at SM to let EXO have an R & B concept needs a hug from me, and I don't even really like R & B.  There must be some voodoo spells woven into their dance moves because I never thought I'd be sitting here waxing all lyrical about some Korean dudes singing like Blackstreet.

luhan lay exo growl music video screencap 3

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention that this song is remarkably similar to Blackstreet's "No Diggity"?  I totally did.  Oops!


Sounds like they sped "No Diggity" up, made it a bit more current and sang over it, but I have no problem with that.  There's even a little of Michael Jackson's "Human Nature" at the break when Luhan starts singing.


Let's just call it "inspired by", ok?

SMent sure does know which choreographers to hire, because this choreography is stellar.  Even the worst dancers (the ones that they normally put at the back :mumbles: Chen, Suho) are having fun with this one.

lay exo growl mv screencap

screencap exo growl mv

Stank faces are all over this mv; even little scared looking D.O. dredged up some swag from the center of his being for this one.  I am impressed!  I know Greg S. Hwang and Shim Jae Won ((SM Entertainment's performance directors) choreographed this, but I wonder if Tony Testa also had his hands in this pot.  It doesn't really seem to have any of his signature moves, so I'm thinking not.

d.o. exo growl mv screencap
Just look at D.O.'s smirky sexy-faces!

Another thing I loved about this mv was that it was filmed in the round.  You don't see that all that often in Kpop music videos, and I happen to think it was used masterfully in this one.  I liked the way they interacted with the camera and even grabbed it at times, and I also liked the way the focus wasn't always on the person singing at that moment.  Very well done guys!

exo mv growl screencap chinese vers.

I'm sure this song will do extremely well for them and if it doesn't, well then people are just plain crazy.


EXO "Growl" lyrics:

I’m warning you just in case (listen carefully)
It’s dangerous now (so dangerous)
Stop provoking me (there’s going to be trouble)
I don’t even know myself

My breath keeps on stopping
You walk towards me
You smile at me
Maybe you’re attracted to me too

My sights become dark
When you stare at me
The sound of your breathing
You’re the one that makes me crazy

So nobody can look at you (when you smile)
I want to hide you inside my embrace (I’m so serious)
The stares that are after you
Wakes up inside me
There’s a harsh/fierce swirl/storm

A dark shadow has woken up inside of me
Sparks fly in my eyes as I look at you
Everyone step away from her (step away)
It’s going to get fierce from now on
I’m growling, growling, growling
I’m growling, growling, growling
I’m growling, growling, growling
If you don’t back away then I don’t care if you get hurt

With agitated stare and cutting tension
I’m searching your surroundings
You just stay still and look at me
I’ll never let you go you’ll see

The stares that are seeking you who’s vividly shining in the blurry space
The sound of the alarm is ringing in me

A dark shadow has woken up inside of me
Sparks fly in my eyes as I look at you
Everyone step away from her (step away)
It’s going to get fierce from now on
I’m growling, growling, growling
I’m growling, growling, growling
I’m growling, growling, growling
If you don’t back away then I don’t care if you get hurt

E X O

Just in case another wolf looks at you
Because my girl is too perfect
I hold you softly within me [OR] I embrace you softly
I become violent just for you

Only the strong one gets the beautiful woman
Just go back because there’s no place
You have zero chance
Stop looking you’re going to wear her out
If you desire her you have to win against me first

Let’s erase everyone one by one except us
Paused as if only you and I exist here

A dark shadow has woken up inside of me
Sparks fly in my eyes as I look at you
Everyone step away from her (step away)
It’s going to get fierce from now on
I’m growling, growling, growling
I’m growling, growling, growling
I’m growling, growling, growling
If you don’t back away then I don’t care if you get hurt

I’m growling, growling, growling
I’m growling, growling, growling
I’m growling, growling, growling
If you don’t back away then I don’t care if you get hurt


What are your thoughts on EXO's "Growl"?

Source: SMTOWNBlackstreetVEVOkpoplyrics.  Screencaps by Oddness/Weirdness.  Take out with full credit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

Jonghyun and Taemin Do Seo Taiji's "Internet War", Tear the House Down 120818

I had to post this 'cause they did it again.

Steal Their Style: As Requested, Some SHINee "Dream Girl" Fashion

Other blogs have already talked about SHINee 's " Dream Girl " mv fashion and what brands they're wearing, but a few visitors to the blog have asked me for some specific items. LC asked me where she could get Jonghyun 's white floral pants from the mv, w hich he also wore at their  Naver comeback special :