Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

EXO Is Always At The Airport: A Fashion Retrospective

It's true.... The members of EXO-K and EXO-M are ALWAYS at the airport.  I'm never sure where they're going or what they're going to be doing when they get there, but I'm forever seeing the pics.  There's often some major fashion moments taking place in these pics; some good, some bad but always notable.  Enjoy: This post is image heavy

So You Were Wondering What EXO's "Wolf" & "Growl" Drama Version MVs Are About? Pt. 1

It has come to my attention that people are confused as hell about EXO 's " Wolf " and " Growl " drama version MVs, and have been since they came out.  Well, it's your lucky day, because I'm here to explain the shit out of them for you, in the way I know best: I'm going to tell you a little story.  Fyi, this will be done in two parts, so bear with me.

Video of the Day: Lee Hyori's "Miss Korea"

On May 5th the Queen of Kpop, Miss Lee Hyori, staged an aptly titled "comeback" with a new preview single off of her upcoming album.   After being away from the music scene for three whole years, Hyori has managed to surprise and delight me with this fantastic black and white mv for her new song "Miss Korea".


Lee Hyori Miss Korea mv 1


Miss Hyori is giving me a little bit of "Single Ladies" mixed with The Supremes in this mv, and it works.  Also, drag queens!

Lee Hyori Miss Korea mv 2

Loving it!

I applaud her for not conforming to the Dubstep Mafia, which has been running the Kpop show for awhile now.  Don't get me wrong, I love a good dubstep tune but it's nice to hear something fresh and new, even when it comes in the guise of this nouveau-retro sound and look.

It's also nice to see this 33 year old woman take it upon herself to show the people of her country that over 30 is fabulous too.  Did you notice all the scalpels and drills pointing at her face in the mv?

Lee Hyori Miss Korea mv 3

This song is about being confident in your womanhood and not conforming to unrealistic beauty standards.

Lee Hyori Miss Korea mv 4

Miss Korea translation:

Hey pretty lady in that glass mirror
Is something wrong? You look tired

Are you tired of being among the many names?
Is your confidence down because of your unclear future?

I don’t want to hang on and cry over something so little
Like a springtime illusion that’ll disappear after I wake up

Because I’m a Miss Korea
I’m the best girl in the world
Anyone can fall for me at once
Because I’m a Miss Korea

Because I’m a Miss Korea
I’m the coolest girl in the world
Anyone can be shocked when they find out
Because I’m a Miss Korea

Will a designer bag make me shine?
Will I be able to do anything I want if I become pretty?

I don’t want to hang on and cry over something so little
Like a springtime illusion that’ll disappear after I wake up

Because I’m a Miss Korea
I’m the best girl in the world
Anyone can fall for me at once
Because I’m a Miss Korea

Because I’m a Miss Korea
I’m the coolest girl in the world
Anyone can be shocked when they find out
Because I’m a Miss Korea

Because I’m a Miss Korea
I’m the best girl in the world
Anyone can fall for me at once
Because I’m a Miss Korea

Because I’m a Miss Korea
I’m the coolest girl in the world
Anyone can be shocked when they find out
Because I’m a Miss Korea

Are others eyes that important?
Does it feel like it’s your fault when something goes bad?
No, it’s not like that, come here, it’ll be okay
You’re Miss Korea

cr: popgasa

Brava, Miss Hyori!

I look forward to seeing what else she has in store for us.

What did you think of the "Miss Korea" mv and song?


Source: CJENMMUSICmakikawaii-jklyrics.  Screencaps by Oddness/Weirdness.  Take out with full credit.

  Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

Steal Their Style: As Requested, Some SHINee "Dream Girl" Fashion

Other blogs have already talked about SHINee 's " Dream Girl " mv fashion and what brands they're wearing, but a few visitors to the blog have asked me for some specific items. LC asked me where she could get Jonghyun 's white floral pants from the mv, w hich he also wore at their  Naver comeback special :

Jonghyun and Taemin Do Seo Taiji's "Internet War", Tear the House Down 120818

I had to post this 'cause they did it again.