Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

EXO Is Always At The Airport: A Fashion Retrospective

It's true.... The members of EXO-K and EXO-M are ALWAYS at the airport.  I'm never sure where they're going or what they're going to be doing when they get there, but I'm forever seeing the pics.  There's often some major fashion moments taking place in these pics; some good, some bad but always notable.  Enjoy: This post is image heavy

So You Were Wondering What EXO's "Wolf" & "Growl" Drama Version MVs Are About? Pt. 1

It has come to my attention that people are confused as hell about EXO 's " Wolf " and " Growl " drama version MVs, and have been since they came out.  Well, it's your lucky day, because I'm here to explain the shit out of them for you, in the way I know best: I'm going to tell you a little story.  Fyi, this will be done in two parts, so bear with me.

Let Me Introduce You To: IAMMEDIC

I was just sitting here listening to a relatively unknown band that I've been into for the past few years and musing over how good they are.  I started to think about how I could get more people acquainted with their music and then I realized: Well duh... I have a blog.  So let me introduce you to IAMMEDIC.


IAMMEDIC official
L to R: DJ Yup, Danny Park, lead singer Enik Lin and rapper Andre Harris.

Don't worry, this post isn't all that unrelated to Kpop.   IAMMEDIC is a South Korean/American band who describe their music as "electro glitch pop".  Consider them an indie version of your Kpop faves; in fact they're friends with YG protégé Lydia Paek, the Kpop group AZIATIX:


The list goes on.

You might have heard of them, actually.  IAMMEDIC opened for Brian Joo when he performed in 2010 in Los Angeles, and would have opened for JYJ in New York that same year if JYJ had been able to get their visas.  Danny Park is known for being the dj on Mnet America's Danny From L.A., and DJ Yup is a well known dj that brings in crowds throughout Seoul and the U.S.  You can read even more about the band by clicking here.

First things first, though... Let's get you listening to some of their music.  The following are some of my fave songs by this awesome band:




IAMMEDIC in NYC 2011
IAMMEDIC in NYC for one of their concerts, 2011.

IAMMEDIC'S songs seem so light and fun at first listen but there's quite a bit of darkness behind them, as you can see in their most recent mv below.  Apparently there's a real life story behind it, as there is for all the songs that Enik writes.

"Schizophrenia":

 I have a feeling that these guys will be famous sometime soon. 

Hopefully this post inspires you to listen to more of IAMMEDIC's music and learn more about them.  If you're interested you should definitely check out their Facebook page.  The guys are always popping in to chat, answer questions and post photos.  They're totally not your usual Kpop band, and I like it that way.

Get more info on IAMMEDIC:

https://www.facebook.com/IAMMEDIC
http://IAMMEDIC.com
http://twitter.com/IAMMEDIC
http://youtube.com/IAMMEDICtv
http://IAMMEDIC.bandcamp.com
http://IAMMEDIC.bigcartel.com
https://soundcloud.com/iammedic
https://twitter.com/IAM_ENIK


Source: IAMMEDICs' FB picswikipediasoundcloudIAMMEDICTV.

  Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

Jonghyun and Taemin Do Seo Taiji's "Internet War", Tear the House Down 120818

I had to post this 'cause they did it again.

Steal Their Style: As Requested, Some SHINee "Dream Girl" Fashion

Other blogs have already talked about SHINee 's " Dream Girl " mv fashion and what brands they're wearing, but a few visitors to the blog have asked me for some specific items. LC asked me where she could get Jonghyun 's white floral pants from the mv, w hich he also wore at their  Naver comeback special :