Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

EXO Is Always At The Airport: A Fashion Retrospective

It's true.... The members of EXO-K and EXO-M are ALWAYS at the airport.  I'm never sure where they're going or what they're going to be doing when they get there, but I'm forever seeing the pics.  There's often some major fashion moments taking place in these pics; some good, some bad but always notable.  Enjoy: This post is image heavy

So You Were Wondering What EXO's "Wolf" & "Growl" Drama Version MVs Are About? Pt. 1

It has come to my attention that people are confused as hell about EXO 's " Wolf " and " Growl " drama version MVs, and have been since they came out.  Well, it's your lucky day, because I'm here to explain the shit out of them for you, in the way I know best: I'm going to tell you a little story.  Fyi, this will be done in two parts, so bear with me.

Kpop WTF: HyunA, Goo Hara And Hyorin Twerk It For Chum Churum Soju

If you haven't taken a gander at Sistar's Hyorin, Kara's Goo Hara and 4minute's HyunA poppin' and twerkin' it in the 19+ commercials for soju brand Chum Churum, then you need to because it is not to be missed.


Sistar's Hyorin, Kara's Goo Hara and 4minute's HyunA twerk it for Chum Churum soju.
cr. karalalala






Watch the rest of the commercials here.


I give Hyorin a 10 out of 10 for bringing sexy cheerleader realness to her commercial.  Goo Hara also snatched some wigs (with a wig on, how appropriate) but HyunA... gurl, you went a little overboard, didn't you??

Hmm... So let's talk about this, shall we?

After watching these three lovely young women dropping it like it's hot while hawking a brand of soju, my mouth was kind of open.  You're probably wondering why that is.  Well, when I first got into Kpop three years ago, most of the girl groups I was inadvertently introduced to were extra cutesy-girly, like Girl's Generation. In fact this is the first Kpop girl group mv I ever saw:




Totally not my type of thing but I (surprisingly) grew to like this song anyway.

There were a few groups that were sexy but they never seemed overly in your face about it and aegyo reigned supreme.  Now the pendelum has swung the other way and sex for sex's sake is in, just like here in the U.S.  Well... almost.

See now, I find absolutely nothing wrong with that so don't assume I made this post to bash HyunA, with a side helping of Hara and Hyorin.  On the contrary, I'm all about equal rights.  If I can sit here and enjoy watching some hot, barely legal Asian guy in a complicated outfit as he rips his shirt off, it would be quite hypocritical of me to have a problem with some Uncle fan salivating over these girls as they try to bootie clap.  Damn that's a long sentence.  Anyway, you get what I mean, I'm sure.

My problem with it is this one: Will it ever stop?  Will it get to the point where we'll be jaded enough to not bat an eyelid at all the grinding and (if I may be so vulgar) pu**y popping?  It seems like it.  Most of the Youtube comments on these commercials seemed to be full of praise for these "goddesses" and their fabulous bodies.

I, for one, am kind of saddened at the passing of all the so-called morality, but I AM glad to see some of that cutesy stuff go bye bye.

Lastly, since I'm not one to pass up a chance to be snarky: Is it just me or did HyunA do something to her face?  She looks a tad tight in the cheekbones.




As usual, let's discuss!  Leave me your thoughts in the comments below and I'll be sure to answer back.


Source: karalalala, firstsojutvSMENT.

Comments

  1. I don't think there's anything wrong with the dancing in any of the videos - and to be honest I didn't recognize Hara at all. I don't think Hyuna looks any different than she's previously looked. SNSD have always been pretty sexualized. Even in the MV you posted there's MAJOR focus on their legs (which is hardly innocently intended) and their latest performances (and the outfits worn in them) have just been.. yeah, odd imo. But then again, I never really liked anyone but Sooyoung and Sunny in SNSD, so who am I to judge.
    What I find ridiculous is the name of the soju (a little sexually suggestive, no?) and the song... that fucking song -__-" my god. It's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah see, to me the aegyo in that mv screams "I'm trying to be cute and girlish" and those shorts are about the same length I see little girls wearing all day in the summer here, so I don't get any sexual overtones from it. I'm sure that's what they're going for with those outfits but I've always thought SNSD was more uncoordinated looking in those shorts and heels (shorts and pumps are never cute) with their coltishly awkward versions of those dance moves. Seen Rino Nakasone do those moves? Now that's what I'm talking about. Or even someone wih more natural dance talent. The newer outfits are odd too. But I feel like SM always dresses them and TVXQ in ugly outfits.

    What does Chum Churum mean? :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

Steal Their Style: As Requested, Some SHINee "Dream Girl" Fashion

Other blogs have already talked about SHINee 's " Dream Girl " mv fashion and what brands they're wearing, but a few visitors to the blog have asked me for some specific items. LC asked me where she could get Jonghyun 's white floral pants from the mv, w hich he also wore at their  Naver comeback special :

Jonghyun and Taemin Do Seo Taiji's "Internet War", Tear the House Down 120818

I had to post this 'cause they did it again.